Hope for America

The more and more I hear of Ron Paul, the more I see him speak, and the more I read his writings, the more I love this guy. He is, the Thomas Jefferson of our day.

While our government is seeking more power and all the while taking away our rights under the name of patriotism and safety, a quote comes to mind -- author unknown, "You are like men in a mist, seeking for freedom and know not what it is." The leaders of our day speak under the name of patriotism, calling descent of any kind unpatriotic. How quickly we fail to remember history. Not to mention, which I will write about in the next post, the president has established a new department which will participate in domestic spying using satellites which can peer into houses and use infrared to detect people and movements in houses.

I just watched a video on Ron Paul speaking about his faith. He points out that Jesus was a man of peace -- turn the other cheek, for example -- and the Christians of today fail to realize this or, if they do, don't understand and practice the text.

It is great that we still have freedom of speech to some extent, but it is fading and we better use it while we can to reverse this trend.

For those who do not know of Ron Paul, I encourage them to check him out at RonPaul2008.com

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ron Paul has what this country needs most at this time. I will be supporting him all the way.

Post a Comment