Sagging Pants Equals Jail Time

In a small town in Louisiana, one can be fined $500 and put in jail for six months for simply sagging their pants low enough to see their boxers or underwear. In Trenton, New Jersey, one can be fined and be forced to see a city worker to be assessed on the direction of your life and where it is headed. Similar laws are being sought after in other major cities across the United States such as Atlanta.

Are we really headed in the direction where the government can regulate clothing? Of course, some cities and states have regulated dress in strip clubs, but now the private individual is now being told that he can not sag his pants or wear them comfortably -- which is, I am sure, the reason for some.

As far as I am concerned, they are fully clothed and no law enforcement (the government) has the right to enforce such ridiculous mob-ruled laws such as these. I am sure that for these cities, similar crackdowns in the future will be enforced upon women wearing tight jeans or short skirts.

I support the right of the private institution to regulate dress and even though I personally do not like sagging pants, I will forever protect the right of those who like to do so. In the words of Thomas Jefferson, "It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment